Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brush with Greatness

While I wasn't namechecked by Bill Simmons, I got mentioned in yesterday's BS Report with a question on Twitter to Simmons' friend Jack-O.  It was at the 46:52 mark in the podcast about Joba Chamberlain looking like Chien Ming-Wang.  I don't know quite what to think, other than that's the first time I've had a question answered in such a large forum.  On one hand, it's not a big deal because it's kind of like meeting a Senator or something.  Ultimately, Simmons is just a regular guy who is very talented at writing and is, dare I say, this generation's Peter Gammons or Rick Reilly.  Nevertheless, it's kind of cool to have your comment be noticed among the many, many comments that they get.  Take a listen, see what they think, and add your thoughts, if you're so inclined!

1 comment:

themickel said...

That was you? I just listened to that today. That's awesome. I'm more impressed with someone making a Simmons mailbag/podcast than I am with the I-saw-Sylvester-Stallone/Karl Malone/Orrin Hatch-at-an-IHOP stories. Good for you.

Isn't this your second time?