- No words. Words are fine in some senses, but I think I'd prefer a cool instrumental. Vocalizations that aren't necessarily words count towards no words.
- It has to be cool. I don't want to get stuck with something ridiculous like the Forrest Gump theme (ridiculous from a theme for me perspective, not from an actual theme music perspective).
- Villain themes need not apply. Sorry, I'm not Darth Vader.
- Iconic. I want something that's memorable enough for people to start humming it if they're like my wife and get songs stuck in their heads all day. Of course, if it's too iconic, it's known for the movie. I'll use Chariots of Fire for the example here.
- A good short clip - an entrance theme doesn't work if you've been in the room for 10 minutes and it's still playing. I'm thinking 30 seconds of music, max.
"Gladiator Waltz" from Gladiator, specifically around 7.29-7.38
The Enzyte theme. Sorry, this just rocks even if it's comedic.
"Burn it All" from Backdraft...from 0.00-0.37
The Contender (TV Show) main theme...from 0.15-0.46
"Roll Tide" from Crimson Tide 2.03-2.27
"A Dark Knight" from The Dark Knight 1.55-2.30
"Battle Without Honor or Humanity" from Kill Bill (you'd have to mix this around a bit to get it to fit how I'd want it)
"Rock You Like a Hurricane" by Scorpions (the instrumental opening)
Do you have any other suggestions or votes for any of these keeping in mind my criteria?
Most of these can be listened to over at Napster Free, so if you feel the urge, help me choose my theme song. Thanks!