Monday, March 12, 2007

EC Was Here

I got a chance to go to the Eric Clapton concert in Salt Lake a few nights ago, and what a treat. While I wouldn't say it's U2 (but what is), it was a great concert. I went a few years ago when he was touring to support Reptile, but this was a completely different concert. The Reptile concert was a lot more structured, but this tour it seems like they just go out and riff their heads off, turning it into a giant jam session. It was awesome stuff. Here are a few pics I took with my cell phone: There's Slowhand doing a solo during the acoustic set.
There's a couple of pictures of the stage.. While it didn't turn out quite as I would have liked, they projected images of the band on the giant screen behind the stage.

There's the video screen, with some guy on the Hammond B-3 and Clapton singing and guitaring.

No comments: