Tuesday, November 27, 2007

What Kind of Traveler Are You?

I came across an interesting website this morning (you might have trouble accessing it - the WSJ did a piece on it today and it's getting hammered) that uses a variety of questions to let you know what kind of traveler you are. I think it has me pegged pretty good. It calls me a "Mid-venturer" - someone who "[likes] to travel, especially to foreign destinations and you seek new experiences and new destinations for almost all trips you take. You are also physically active at home and on trips. But, unlike your pure venturer friends, you don't want to take such extreme vacations and are more likely to plan your trips-set an itinerary of places you want to visit and schedules when you will be there."
That sounds like me - I love me some foreign travel and want to see a bunch of stuff while I'm gone. It's why I'm not a huge fan of beaches, because there's just not a lot to do on them. They're fine for a few hours, but I'd much rather walk through the British Museum, hike along the Na Pali coast, or explore some obscure part of Tokyo. The questions that peg your travel style aren't the typical ones "do you like to sit on a beach" or whatever, so it's pretty interesting how it uses your other interests to peg your travel. Take a look at the test and see your perfect travel type.

No comments: