Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sorro < Hitler?

I had a disagreement with one of my employees yesterday, and very long story short, after he/she walked out, I had some discussions with upper management, after which they sent in HR to smooth things out. We had a long talk, during which the HR person asked my employee to name one good thing about me. Now, you wouldn't think this would be too hard. For example, Hitler was an incredible motivator. Stalin and Chairman Mao both led their countries to make great strides in modernization, moving from peasant class societies to industrial ones in very short periods of time. Even William Henry Harrison was nothing if not eloquent.
Despite how easy it is to come up with at least one good thing about anybody, this employee couldn't come up with one good thing to say about me at all. The HR person even said that they'd accept "Sorro combs his hair nicely" or anything at all, but this employee didn't want to make any effort at all. Suffice it to say, the situation is developing.

No comments: