Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Gird Your Loins

"Mark my words.  It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."
-Joe Biden, October 19

"I would tell members of my family - and I have - I wouldn't go anywhere in confined places now. It's not going to Mexico, it's you're in a confined aircraft when one person sneezes it goes all the way through the aircraft. That's me. I would not be, at this point, if they had another way of transportation, suggesting they ride the subway. So from my perspective, what it relates to is mitigation.  If you're out in the middle of a field and someone sneezes, that's one thing. If you're in a closed aircraft or a closed container, a closed car, a closed classroom, it's a different thing."

3 comments:

Derek said...

Biden is definitely a goof, and if he weren't part of the blessed Obama administration he'd be under a lot more fire.

Overall, I think the hysteria about Swine flu is ridiculous, and is mainly caused by the twin factors of news-hungry media and justification-for-existence-hungry bureaucracies.

P.S. I have made a number of anti-Bush administration comments here, so I'll refrain on this occasion from sampling Dick Cheney's also-abundant fear-mongering statements.

Derek said...

Also, excellent satire of recent Obama/Biden man-of-the-people publicity stunts:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/shirtless_biden_washes_trans_am_in?

Beau Sorensen said...

I love that Onion article! As for the quotes, I'm not as concerned on the fear-mongering as much as the "I can't keep my mouth shut and therefore I will make trouble for the administration" aspect of what he's doing.