Friday, March 24, 2006

Headed Out

I'm headed to Washington DC for a conference this next week, so blogging may or may not be light. It all depends on the internet access situation at my hotel. If the Hilton Garden Inn likes my laptop, I'll be around, if it doesn't, I probably won't. I will be leaving my wife and daughter for the trip, and I'm sure that most business travelers wouldn't give that sentence second thought. However, one of the wonderful things about the company I work for is that they allow families to go on business trips. Of course, that doesn't mean that the company will pay for everyone's airfare, but it does mean that they pay for my wife's trip. That's really one of my favorite benefits, because it's tough to leave them. Once you start though, I'd imagine it gets easier, but it's a very pro-family thing to do.
The Washington DC conference is an annual event, and it's one of my favorites. We learn about the new laws that affect us and then get to lobby Congress to give us more money via Medicare. Of course, everyone is looking for the same pot of cash, but we just want a bit of it. It's closer to the movers and shakers than I ever thought I'd get, and since I love politics, it's a definite perk. See, there is a reason to get that PolySci degree!

No comments: