Wednesday, September 26, 2007

De-RM Your Life

I've just started checking this out, and I have to say that no matter its faults, I like it. Amazon.com now has MP3 downloads available for under a buck on their site. These are great because for the first time in a long time we have a DRM free option for music, and it's not just a couple of songs. With Apple you have to pay the Jobs premium for not getting restrictions on your music, but here you actually have discounts. There is a bit of a pain in not having it directly integrated with iTunes, but that's a small price to pay for not having to live with Apple for the rest of eternity or face burning/ripping your whole collection to change players. Granted, I'm too much of an Apple lover/hater to change, but it's the principle that counts. Check them out and give the music industry notice that we want to play our music when and where and how we want without restrictions.
Update: I bought my first track from Amazon and their downloader application automatically adds the songs to iTunes. How sweet is that?

No comments: