Monday, July 02, 2007

Gassy Indigestion

I'm nothing if not somebody who hates to fill up his gas tank at current prices. While my car isn't a natural born guzzler, it's no Geo Metro either. That being said, the way I drive in the city just kills my mileage. I could blame it on the car - it accelerates far too quickly and is a nimble mid-size thing, but I love it anyway. I'm lucky to hit 20 MPG, even when I do better because I don't do very good. Of course, on the highway my luck changes for the cheaper and I end up somewhere between 25-30 MPG. Nevertheless, I hate $3.15 gas (well, $3.05 filling up at Costco). That's why this chart from The Oil Drum was somewhat enlightening. It just shows me that while ours sucks, it sucks less bad than elsewhere, and I like the sound of that!

No comments: