Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Die Super Dell, Die!


Wonderful news from Utah! "Super" Dell Schanze, owner and proprieter of Totally Awesome Computers and all-around nutjob, has closed up shop. Of course, it wasn't because of his annoying commercials or troubles with the law, it's because "...all of the media in Utah are liars and murderers. You just destroyed the greatest computer company of all time. We were the best in the world, the world champion. All this hatred was created by you. You're basically angels of Satan. All I can say to the people in Utah is, please pray for all the news people."
Super Dell has a history of hyperbolic statements like that, including when he called employees that left Totally Awesome Computers evil. He also has a history of calling out newspaper reporters, as Eric D. Snider found out back in the early aughts. In something that shows that Super Dell only knows a few words, he also owns Totally Awesome Guns & Ammo and Totally Awesome Windsurfing. Unfortunately that's still around, but one less Super Dell product on the market is good enough for me. Really, I'm surprised that I forgot to put him on notice earlier. He went off the radar for me there for a while because, with the magic of TiVo, I stopped seeing commercials of his on TV, and because he mainly advertised on KSL Newsradio and I haven't listened to the Sean Hannity Show in quite some time, I forgot about him since his run in with the law last fall (threatening people with a 10mm pistol).
I've had several people say how great his computers are and how great TAC's service was, and I don't doubt it. However, because his marketing campaign, and indeed, his personality, is based around being an annoying jackass, I am so happy to see him fail, even when it results in one more crazy tirade against the media, the people, and the world.
Super Dell, may you have a totally awesome bankruptcy auction and jail term.

No comments: