Thursday, May 24, 2007

Take the Pepsi Challenge


When I lived in Japan, I loved scouring the vending machines and grocery/convinience stores for the latest drinks. Unlike the US, in Japan companies make limited release beverages that are only around for a few months or so and then replaced with something else. While it was nice in that you could find some great drinks, it was disappointing because instead of being able to get a nice Fanta Fresh Peach, you'd have to go back to the old reliable Mistio (in a 500 mL can) or Melon Cream Soda. Every once in a while you'd find something that was so bizarre that you had to try it and then be disgusted by it. That time is now, and Pepsi Cucumber Ice is the beverage. Derek, are you willing to ship me one of these bad boys? I can't imagine it would taste good, but I must try it!

3 comments:

Derek said...

I've never seen that. If I do, I will be sure to buy one and drink it, then buy another one and send it to you.

Are you sure it isn't a fake, though?

themickel said...

Ah, Meron Soda. How I miss the tingle of your sweet, melony goodness dancing over my tongue.

And Calpis.

Oh yeah, and Mabodofu too. Cheeth, if you send me a case of mabodofu packets I shall name my next child after you.

Beau Sorensen said...

Cheeth Mickel....that sounds intriguing. Just combine a giant pile of mabo, drinks, and whatnot into a giant box that you haul across the Pacific here shortly. Yeah, the Ice Cucumber is a real drink, it was on Pepsico's Japanese site. I think it's brand new, so it might not have hit the conbinis yet.