Monday, July 23, 2007

Dweebs of the World Unite!

I was at Harvard on Friday night and I was ready to see an historic campus, a school with an international reputation for some of the finest scholarship anywhere in the world, somewhere that I was once thinking about going to school at. Instead I found the world's geekiest party. It was the night they were releasing Harry Potter 7 to the world and as a result I was thrown into some sort of crazed Dungeons and Dragons Fiesta. The crazies all came out of the woodwork and I can't imagine any other single place on the planet that had more sanctioned nerdity concentrated in one place than at Harvard that night. They had a concert, a line that wrapped around a city block for the book (which my wife was able to get the next day easily - not a Wii was this), and a huge group of people. I was amazed. I'll let the pictures do the talking:

2 comments:

Mar said...

Sweet, I have the book AND a Wii...

Beau Sorensen said...

My wife has the book and the Wii is coming 7/31!