Friday, April 11, 2008

Dis-AAdvantage


There are some things that I am very happy about. One is my family, one is my job, one is my life, and one is the fact that I didn't book my travels to this conference on American Airlines. Part of that is by virtue of Delta's hub in Salt Lake and part of it is because they chose not to participate in the "here's free status" program with the American Express Centurion card. Nevertheless, it's not been as crystal clear in ages that I made the right choice. They've canceled close to 3000 flights over the past 3 days (and 600 today) and displaced a ton of travelers. I can only imagine what it would be like to be sweating if my flight would make it so I could get home because half the fleet is down for maintenance. Mark my prediction: AMR (the parent company) will file for bankruptcy within 60 days of the start of this. You don't tick off a million travelers and get away with it.

No comments: