Thursday, June 02, 2011

A Change in Focus

So I'm changing this up. For starters, a blog post here and there.  Secondly, it's not going to be, as my brother so fondly puts things, "The Diary of a Mad Black Woman."  I've done a little of that in my time doing this blog, perhaps more than I should have.  Instead, it's going to be long form thoughts that are too much to put in a Twitter feed or in a Facebook post.  Sure, I'll link from there, but that's what it is, long posts that I would like to chat a little about.  I think that I, like many others, fell prey to what I'll call "Ender's Syndrome."  For those who don't remember or haven't read it, it's from the book Ender's Game, where Ender's sister Valentine and his brother Peter anonymously blog (for lack of a better term) to the betterment of humanity, or so they believe.  That "anonymous individual bettering humanity" angle is why I think a lot of people blog and blog about what they blog about.  Yes, I used blog 3 times in less than 10 words.  At any rate, this is now a forum for me to fully flesh out ideas that can't be described as pithily as other formats require.  Hopefully it is a fruitful transition!
Oh, one other thing.  As much as possible, I'm avoiding negativity on here.  There will be times when I have to talk about why I'm not in favor of something, but hopefully I can keep it positive.  Feel free to comment here or on Facebook or Twitter.  I'll be happy to respond!

No comments: