Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Blind Leading the Blind

I'm in Denver for a conference for a few days and at my hotel (the Doubletree if you care) I have seen something that I've never seen before. Blind people. I don't just mean a few. I've seen a couple of them before. I mean hundreds of blind people. It is the craziest thing ever. The floors are filled with the tap-tap-tapping of those seeing sticks and the sounds of seeing eye dogs. I don't know if it's just coincidence or if they are indeed going to a conference for some group (perhaps the American Association for the Blind?) or what, but it's crazy.
In other "I'm traveling" related news (as opposed to seeing blind people related news), the TSA decided that I was a threat to national security because I had .25 oz of hair gel in a 5 oz container. I think I could combine that into semtex or something and blow that baby to the moon. I've traveled with that particular container before but I usually travel in the morning and the screeners have better things to do than search every little plastic bag to see if the containers are too big. Unfortunately because my flight left at nearly 8 pm, there was me and a bunch of people who had never traveled before in line (a bunch being around 5, but they clogged up the security area with the worth of at least 20 people), so he had all the time in the world to be anal. Also, when I got on the jet I had the fun experience of twisting myself into a standing "5" to go to the bathroom because they build those RJs for people under 6 feet tall. I may have developed a permanent kink in my neck as a result.

No comments: