Monday, December 17, 2007

The Dark Knight Returns


One of the movies I'm looking forward to most this next year is Christopher Nolan's sequel to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight. Take a look at the new trailer here...as much as I liked the original Batman (by original I mean the Tim Burton remake with Jack Nicholson and Michael Keaton), I think this has the potential to turn the whole thing around and make Heath Ledger's portrayal the definitive version.
One thing about Batman movies is that, in accordance with the Batman Theorem, the goodness of the movie has an inverse relationship with the number of heroes and villains. For example, the most recent (until the Nolan Batman movies) remake started off good with 1 hero and 1 villain, but finally swirled down the toilet with the last installment with 3 heroes and 2 villains. You can see this as well in the campy 1960s Batman movie with 4 villains and 2 heroes. Take a look at this trailer if you've never seen it before. I think you'll agree that the Batman Theorem is one to consider. The only question is if it applies to other movies as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For what it was the original original Batman movie was fun. But yeah I'd say that this newest take on what is without a doubt my favorite comic book character looks nice.

http://www.spiritualtramp.com